Wednesday, 5 September 2012

A Beautiful Mess

Unlike my bedroom which at this moment in time is just a mess (!!) there is a pretty little space in the world wide web which is actually beautiful and very inspiring! When I first started reading over 3 years ago it was the work of Elsie Flannigan (now Elsie Larson!) and I'm not going to lie, I wanted to be her haha! She had soooooooo many ideas and adorable projects (Red Velvet Art) and then she had a little shop that was on my "If I ever go to America I have to visit this place" list! Since then she has bought another new house, bought a bigger and better shop, gotten into serious collaboration with her sister Emma and bought a companion pooch for Suki the pug :) And everything on the blog is different too! I loved thee style of the old blog from way back when I first started following, but I also love that things keep evolving and improving all the time! Nothing like reading an inspiring blog to give you the push you need to do something with your own blog!

Here are some images that I think sum up A Beautiful Mess or that I can really empathise with:



Early sketches by Elsie - these cute little ladies appeared on all sorts of merchandise. The second picture is my favourite, she's brunette like me, is a book nerd and the apple represents my teacher training!




The many different faces of ABM. It's cool how she started it on her own using Typepad and now has a designer to help her make the blog professional while remaining unique. 



Shops! I'd love to run my own shop, I'd love to do it as much as I want to be a teacher! But it's an unrealistic dream for me. Good job I had two! :)


Totally inspirational little projects from RVA :)

Oh yeah ... and do you remember when she dyed her hair pink?! Amazing! =D



Elsie and Emma have really worked hard to make their dreams come true and still find the time to dream new dreams! They are good motivators and a prime example of how the internet can work wonders in business! Time to get the notebooks out and get planning Cupcake! :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment