Sunday, 29 September 2013

Week-long birthday!

Oh my goodness what a week!! I absolutely LOVE birthdays and I think I probably always will :) I've done something pretty much every day this week, it's been amazing!

Monday

This was my actual birthday and I already blogged about it *squee*


You can just about make out the pretty gold heart necklace that was part of my birthday present from the girls. It's lovely!

Tuesday

My parents too me to Electric East for my birthday tea. It's a real treat to go there and I am never disappointed. I had rendang beef with roti bread, rice & chutney for my starter which was absolutely delicious. Then for main I had 7 spiced rubbed sirloin steak served with bombay chips, tomato & 
coriander fondue. My mouth is watering at the thought of it! My Dad had the "Legendary" shaking beef to start and Fried then Baked Whole Bream with Hot & Sour Noodle Soup for main. My Mam tried the tapas option so had a small taste of a few different things but ended up with too much food haha! I even induged in a few glasses of wine even though it was a school night, because it would have been rude not to!

Inside the restaurant is decorated with loads of Vietnamese artwork and other asian lovelies so the atmosphere is always amazing.




Wednesday

As usual I saw my little Wednesday crowd but I decided so splash out and go for tea first. I went to TGI Fridays with Steve and he gave me the so-called little present he'd mentioned he'd bought me. It's only a cuddle Marie teddy from the Disney store!! I love it!


I also got a cute little cat from Adam called Puddy, who is friends with Boofle. He is so cute too! (Will come back and add in a pic as I can't seem to find the one I took.)

Thursday
Thursday I actually spent on a second date with someone! We went to one of the local bars for a drink then headed to the Italian restaurant for tea. He called me birthday girl most of the night and wouldn't let me pay for anything! Again, the food was delicious :) I had potato skins to start and Penne Arrabiata for main. We shared a bottle of wine and I tried a proper Irish coffee with whiskey in it for the first time. It was a really lovely evening :)

Friday
Laurie and I headed over to Ed's Easy Diner for ridiculous amounts of food and delicious milkshakes. (All I've done this week is eat haha!) I've been waiting since the start of the year for Ed's to open, I love places that are themed, especially when they promise "that all American dining experience". I had a BBQ de-luxe burger which had pulled pork on in *drools* and Laurie had a hot dog. We both ordered combo plates so our food came with fries, onion rings and coleslaw. We also ordered a side of chilli fries to share too. It's safe to say we were both stuffed after that! She bought me a beautiful sparkly Shambala-style bracelet with black and pink stones on it, I love it! 


There were these cute mini Jukeboxes on every table so you could select your own music. I thought that was a great idea! I almost felt like I had gone Stateside for the evening :)

Saturday / Sunday
Over the weekend I just relaxed with my parents and my Gran. After a pretty full week it was nice to kick back and relax. I've had an amazing week, I've seen so many family members and friends, had so much delicious food and been completely spolit! I've had some fantastic presents too, I'm a very lucky girl. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment