Saturday, 31 December 2011

New Years Eve

I cannot believe it's the very last day of 2011! This year seems to have flown over. Its had some highs but a few lows and I am looking forward to a fresh start come tomorrow. Right at this moment I am taking a small break from writing a 5,000 word assignment on the advantages and disadvantages of an intergrated curriculum and looking at outdoor learning. I've done a fair bit of research so I think my essay will turn out just fine. I can't believe I am 4 months into my course, I still feel like I have just started! It's going by a little bit too fast for my liking, I will be graduating before I know it and then (hopefully) will be a fully-fledged teacher with a class of my own! Eeeek!

Later I plan to do a post to recap of this year, but for now here are some peeks at my Christmas home as promised a few days ago.


Eeyore is my Mam's favourite character, and our neighbour brought this all the way from Florida for her!


Christmas love


There are two of these bears on our tree. My Mam bought them with the intention of giving one each to my brother and I when we leave home =)

Home-made decorations from when we were kids


This was last year's new addition to the tree - a Bethlehem bauble


Keeping it classy with red and gold

Our tree in all its glory!


We've all got our own personalised baubles and this is mine =)
We had a few tears when the cats' bauble went up as Lucy isn't with us anymore =(



Gorgeous Reindeer on the sideboard


Christmas bouquet

Our fireplace. The two stockings on the left belong to my parents and the other two to me and Philip. We've had ours since birth, now I'm 25 and he's 20!! Those candles are new this year. There's one in the centre of the dining table two.


I've just received a text from a friend arranging last minute drinks at his tonight, but I think this year will be more of a family affair. I've been out every new years for the last 4 years so it will be nice spending it with the people who matter the most to me =) What are your plans to bring in the new year? x

No comments:

Post a Comment