How could I start this series of catch up posts without starting with the biggest thing to happen to me this year?!
Back on the 15th of November 2013 I agreed to go on a date with a guy called Grant. He had moved here from Scotland to go to university and was, like me, lacking someone to share his life with. He was funny and charming and we got on like a house on fire, so I agreed to a second date. Then a third date. Then a forth ... and so on and so on ... Before we know it we were heading towards our 6 month anniversary and were both very happy.
To cut out a lot of very happy but very mushy stories, I will jump ahead a little to August 1st 2014. Grant passed his PhD and became a doctor, and with the title he earned himself a pay rise. So to celebrate, he booked a table at Blackfriars as a treat since we had both been wanting to go for a long time (before we had even met each other!) and it isn't the kind of place you just pop into on your way home from work! The food was AMAZING!!! Mmmmm! We had been chatting non-stop until it was served, and then we were quite quiet apart from the "mmm"s and "oh my god"s and the "you have to try this!"
That's my starter and main across the top, and Grant's is on the bottom. To start I had ham terrine and he had salmon mousse, then for main I had chicken with cheesy potatoes and veg and he had steak and chips. It was one of the best meals I have ever eaten, and we had a delicious bottle of red wine to wash it all down.
After our meal I got a quick tour of Grant's office (he'd left his keys at work much to my amusement!) and headed to a bar for a few drinks. We couldn't stop hugging and kissing and laughing, or telling each other how happy we were and how very much in love we were. We were talking about the future and our plans and without even really realising it we were mapping out the rest of our lives. We moved again to a bar nearer home, somewhere we have been a few times together and have a few great memories in. We found a cosy corner with our drinks and started talking again about how happy and settled we were. He asked what I would say if he ever proposed so I said yes and gave my reasons why. This was followed by more talk of love and happiness, then he took my hands and asked "Katie, will you marry me?" I said yes without hesitation! Then hugging and kissing and squealing and laughing ensued. I calmed down enough to ask if he was serious, and he replied he wanted to take me to buy an engagement ring first thing the next morning.
Hands down the best moment of my life so far, and I have some pretty amazing moments in my short life!
Want to see the ring we chose? It's a beauty :)
No comments:
Post a Comment