My little cat Mary has always been the extremely nosey kind of cat, always curious, ever inquisitive and extremely flexible! So today's ordeal was both a shock to the system but also no surprise at all! Let me explain....
At 7am this morning I cleaned out Mary's bowl and gave her some breakfast, which she wolfed down and then promptly disappeared. I left for work at 7.30 and at unch I checked my phone to see a couple of frantic texts from my Mam. The first was to say she'd left late for work as she couldn't find Mary to give her the tablet she takes twice a day for her thyroid. The second was to say she'd nipped home from work to look for her again but to no avail.
5pm I picked my Mam up from work on my way home and we both talked about how strange it was for Mary to just go out and not come home. My Mam got her knickers in a right knot but I managed to keep a cool head. I turned the house upside down checking every nook and cranny, then stood at the back and front doors, shouting her name and shaking the canister of biscuits. THEN I jumped in my car and drove around the estate really slowly to see if I could see her but no such luck. Not long after arriving back home we hear a cry and Mam and I start racing around calling her name.
6.30pm my Dad arrives home and goes straight out into the garden, checking through the fences to see if he could spot her when we hear her again. This time we're sure the voice is inside the house. Again, we check in the garage from the door that leads into it from the kitchen, and walk around the house calling out to her. This time she lets out a HUGE cry and we all drop down to the kicker under the unit where the drawers are to listen to her. We pulled the drawer out and my Mam crawled into the space and stuck her arm down the gap and under the floor. "I can feel her!!" she cries and everyone got a bit frantic. A few minutes later a little face squeezed out with jet black eyes and grey fur. We all started tapping our legs and shouting things like "come on baby!" and "keep going Mary!" and she popped out! Well..... the relief....!!! She's covered in dust, smells like cement and ran straight over to her food and water, but she is unharmed and safe and well and we're all so pleased! She's spent about an hour on my Dad's knee and has just walked across to my Mam's.
We love her so much ♥



No comments:
Post a Comment